Atlas Information Management prides itself on our high degree of long-term staff retention. We aim to hire good people and keep them working. Some of our work is naturally seasonal but our goal is always to offer full-time employment throughout the year wherever possible. Descriptions of open positions are listed below; however, we are always interested in hearing from skilled and experienced professionals. If the positions below don’t fit your skillset but you feel that Atlas may be the right place to further your career, we encourage you to get in touch.
We are currently accepting resumes for our Kootenay Lake Operations (Nelson) location.
We have a great season outlined with direct award and bid process contracts in hand. We anticipate working into October. These are seasonal positions in silviculture that may lead to full season employment within our forest development department. We want to hire people who are team players, safety-conscious, and energetic. We recognize individuals who respect company equipment and fellow staff, value honesty, a positive attitude, and consistency in work ethic and attendance.
Silviculture Surveyors will work within a team to complete a variety of silviculture surveys in various locations within the southern interior of BC. The position requires mainly field but some office work is anticipated. This position is based mainly out of Kamloops. The work will include some hotel based “camp” work. The company utilizes the latest technology to complete surveys with data collection devices and leading compilation programs.
- BC Accredited Silviculture Surveyors with at least three years’ experience;
- Preferences given to post-secondary education with a diploma or degree in Forestry(or currently enrolled);
- A strong understanding of silviculture and treatments (e.g. brushing, planting, surveying);
- Forestry field experience related to silviculture, forest ecology and forest management;
- A strong work ethic, team oriented and a desire to develop and learn;
- Physically fit and capable of producing in a physically demanding outdoor environment;
- Possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence with a clean driving record and experience driving forestry resource roads.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above positions however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.